Sunday, November 13, 2011

* R.A. Smith (Cousin) : Genealogist and Family Historian, March 10, 1900, Rm. 350, War Department, Washington, D.C.







1900, March 12 Postmark
R.A. Smith



Rm 350 War Department
Washington, D.C. March 10, 1900

Dear Cousin:

    I received your letter dated March  6th and postmarked March 8th yesterday. In reply I would say that I would be very pleased to have you stop and be my guest while you stay here in Washington, I have wondered why you did not call here before while on your way to your southern winter home., and have intended to write to my folks in New haven to tell you to stop here and pay us a visit when in this vicinity. [sic]

    As I have no charge to make I can not answer the last sentence in your letter which reads as follows: “If you can arrange to take me please tell me how much the board will be [sic]

    I have some genealogical work which I commenced for your sister Ella soon after her visit to us in the Spring of 1898 and have never sent it to her, I will try to complete it so that you can take it up north with you after you leave here.

    Hoping to hear from you again before you start so that we will know about when to expect you, I remain,

                                  Very truly yours,

                                                      R.A. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment